Wednesday

While The Mandolins Are Playing

This last weeks training went well. It feels a bit like a drag. I'm not sure why, I am just unmotivated. I got on the scale this Monday only to see a weight gain. Yuck!! Now, I am not in the marathon training to loose a bunch of weight but I was hoping that it would be a positive side-effect.

I walk/ran 14 miles last week. One mile shorter than the training. Thursday morning I felt like someone had tied bricks to my legs so I called it short. I felt better after doing an hour of yoga and stretching everything out.

The Sat and Sunday training with Ted is still going well. He runs faster than I do, I walk faster than he does. I know that our timing will get more off as we both get stronger. We will start doing our long Sat runs with the local running club so we can run with others at our own pace. It should add a fun new element to the training. Also give us a good gage of what we should be doing.

I am still really struggling to get 8 hours of sleep a night. I usually get around 6, on a good night. Luckily the workouts exhaust me, so that helps. I have tried setting a bed time but only have myself to really hold me accountable. Ted reminds me come to bed but doesn't drag me when I need the extra motivation. Maybe we can work something out in that area.

My song this week is a fun one. I couldn't find the exact version I have on the Ipod but this is close. Enjoy :)

Michael Bublè - It Had Better Be Tonight (Meglio Stasera)

No comments: