Wednesday

The Road has me hypnotized

Three weeks and still moving. Training is good. I am still moving and not injured. Yeah!!



This week we started actually running as part of the training. Monday morning the first few steps were rough. They aren't kidding about running being a mental sport. It is easy to think you can't do it. Then, you take the first steps, a few more, a little faster. You can hear the sound of your feet hitting the pavement, hypnotized by the road under your feet. Before you know it, its left and right and your not falling on your face and your heart isn't pounding outside of your chest. I don't know if it is endorphins or the voice in my head believing in possibilities but today I feel like I can keep moving.


On my myspace I have been posting my fav songs on the playlist for the week. Sometimes a good song can get you moving up those hills.

Week 1 was: Destroyer by the Kinks (click here to see video)

Week 2 went to: from the Reservoir Dogs soundtrack, Hooked on a feeling by Blue Swede

Drum roll please.....this weeks winner is Radar Love by Golden Earring




Don't forget, I am always looking for good suggestions to keep me moving. I have six months of training. Oh, and maybe something that has been produced in the last 20 years. I have been going seriously old school....

No comments: