Thursday

Breathing Life

It is officially week 5.

Ted and I both stayed even on the weigh-in this week. Not bad. Considering the extra days off and the extra calories over the weekend. I did my measurements this week. I have lost over 8 inches. I dunno if I did the math right because I only measured one thigh, calf, forearm and bicep. I have lost 3.5 on my waist, but still haven't changed pant size, I don't know what that is all about.

I would call this weeks training triumphant. Tuesday I was able to add an extra mile to my run/walk and still kept my time at 12min miles. Today, Thursday, was a big day for me. I only did 2 miles but I ran the entire way. Up this crazy hill that has been mocking me on a daily basis. Today, that hill had nothing on me. I pushed through and made it up both times.

I actually started crying when I got to the end of the two miles. All week it has been on my mind to run two miles straight and conquer those hills. Ted told me I should be proud of myself if I could make it around one mile. These are pretty intense hills and I know he was trying to make sure I didn't disappoint myself. So, the alarm went off at 4:42am, I lay there for a few minutes talking myself into getting up. Hit the alarm when it goes off the second time, right then our dog walks in to check on us. I crawl out of bed, pee, brush my teeth (yes, I brush my teeth before I go), get dressed, stretch, grab my water, grab my keys and ipod. Yikes, it was freaking cold (28 degrees). I walked the first 5 minutes to warm up, which wasn't working. Then I just started running and kept running and the first hill came and I kept going. It was so strange, on the downhills I could actually feel my heart rate going down and my breathing ease up. Then up the next hill, down the next. Before I knew it, I had done it twice, 10 min miles.

I can probably count on one hand the number of times I have been truly proud of myself. Particularly for something that was up to only me. When I tagged the back of our minivan, I broke into tears. I did it. Me. I ran that @#$% hill. Today, I am a conqueror because I believed I could do it....

To add to the playlist, it is a great song by one of my favorite groups, Skillet. (disclaimer: the video is a little graphic; clips from the movie "We Were Soldiers")

Skillet: Comatose

1 comment:

Kelly57 said...

I am so proud of you too!! It is amazing and I love that you are doing this.