Wednesday

My Waterloo


Sunday afternoon we were driving to the Smokies for a picnic and a short hike. Our girls do a pretty good job entertaining themselves during mini-van rides. In the midst of their conversation Madi was talking about how when she grows up she is going to move back to Oregon, where she was born. She proceeds to talk about how I will someday move back to Utah and how Ellie and Dad will move back to Iowa.

Ellie, in all of her amazing wisdom pipes up and says "Daddy"
"Did you go to Iowa just to pick me up"
We spent an amazing three years in Iowa. Meeting some of the greatest people we will ever know. Creating friendships we will keep for our lifetimes. Ted found answers and guidance that brought Him into relationship with Our Savior. But, if you asked us why we were in Iowa, Yes, Ms. Ellie, we went to Iowa just to pick you up.......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is too cute! Gotta love what comes out of our kids mouths!

Joel Brueseke said...

Ha... a coworker was just singing Abba's "My Waterloo" yesterday. ;)

You know you guys are always welcome back here... whether or not it's to pick up another child... LOL...

Angela said...

Joel....
I almost posted the Abba song, hehe.

I will let Ted know we are welcome back. I am sure he wouldn't mind being shut in for another Iowa winter....no more babies though....