Wednesday

Adult Onset Athleticism

Apparently they have a name for what we are doing. Adult Onset Athleticism. It sounds like a disease not a change of life. Because we are over 30 we are suppose to be more aware of our potential for injury. There is a long list of things we have to watch out for and be prepared for. I don't mind knowing all of the information but it is a real wake-up call to all of the things not being 20 anymore adds to your life. This made me start to think about the differences between 20 and 30.



Here is my list of the Top things being 30 adds to my life:






Love: Sharing my life with someone so long that they are Home to me.







Family: Sharing my life with people that support me unconditionally.







Flexibility: Knowing that all the things I once thought were so important are worth compromising.







Faith: Knowing my God for how Great He is.







Friends: Sharing my life with people that know how to make lemonade of all my life's lemons.







Potential: If you can be a positive influence in a child's life, you have already made a step in changing the world.







Time: Everyone has time for the things that are the most important to them.







So, tell me, all of my 30-something friends, what has being 3o added to your life.?

1 comment:

Kelly57 said...

Patience, Commitment, Forgiveness, Compromise, Security and Confidence in who I am in Christ and who I am as a person. Yes I have to agree Thirties ROCK!