Monday

Ted's Alpha Blog

We'll here it is… my first official Blog Post. Even though I can honestly say I've never aspired to be a "blogger", here it is none the less. Then again, I'm probably giving myself too much credit. I suppose those of you who are seasoned veterans might say one post doesn't make me a "blogger". Kind of like a run to the bathroom during the occasional close call doesn't make me a "runner". I concede the point and reserve myself to the title of "That guy formerly known never to have posted a blog".

Looking ahead, I still don't aspire to be a "blogger"… so I don't recommend holding your breath for my next post. I do; however, aspire to be a runner. (If you know me, you might have passed out after reading that last line… so I'll give you a minute to recover….)

If you're surprised, you absolutely should be! Up until 4 weeks ago I would have said people who run for fun are crazy (or at least younger than 10). Actually, I still think people that run for fun are crazy… I'm doing it to support my wife (Oh, and for improved health benefits I guess).

Seriously though, you've read Angie's post that we are training to run a marathon in March '09. We've only been "officially" training for a couple weeks now… but we're still excited and motivated. We have different overall goals of course: She wants to run a marathon, I just want to run in a marathon. (I plan to quit the second I get tired.)

My real goal is nothing more ambitious than to lose some weight, which I'm sure will have the side affect of improving my overall health as well. I also want to stand at the starting line and not have people point and whisper things like "what's up with the portly fellow over there… did he think this was the line for a buffet?" Angie says her target "body image" would be something like Misty May-Treanor. That would be awesome for her (and of course I would enjoy it as well)… but I don't think that way. My target "body image" is less specific… I just want something between a Greek Fisherman a Greek God.



Anywhere in the middle would be great.

So… as we move forward with our goals, we promise to support each other… motivate each other… and hold each other accountable as well. In the process, we will keep you posted of our progress (or at least Angie will).

Wish us luck… we're going to need it…

2 comments:

Kelly57 said...

LOL - nearly have me running to the bathroom so I don't pee my pants! Cheering you both on to reach your goals from Iowa!

Joel Brueseke said...

I personally see myself as the picture on the right. But then Puppa starts licking my face and I wake up from my dream and the six-pack suddenly turns into a jelly donut.