Friday

Morning Run

Anyone that knows me, even for a short time, knows that mornings aren't my thing. Getting up is a bit like torture. Maybe it isn't that bad but it doesn't agree with me. Part of my daily training is having to do my workouts in the morning. Early in morning. Before Ted goes to work, early. Did I mention it is early? Do you know what time Ted goes to work? He leaves between 5:30 and 6:30 on a normal day. My workout takes 40 minutes (right now). Yep, I gotta get my tush out of bed an hour before he is going to be leaving. It is a good thing that training is slow and the time of my workouts won't increase for a while. That will change come December, but we are taking baby steps.


Ted has been my absolute source of motivation this week. He is being amazingly flexible. Going to work a few minutes later so I could do my training. He has had coffee brewing when I come in the door. Never once has he complained about the time this goal will take from him or the girls. It is hard to know how I got such an amazing hubby. I am feeling really blessed by our marriage this week.

Ted is also in training but does his workouts in the evenings. We are doing our long workouts on Saturdays, together. It is become a wonderful time of connection for us. Hopefully it will be a continued renewing in our spirits throughout this process.

1 comment:

Kelly57 said...

Just know that you are inspiring others with your dedication! Way to go girl!