Thursday

Hank Williams Got It Right



I had two really bad weeks in a row. At least that is how I felt. I was slow and mad because I had to workout on the Dreadmill. I would love to always have a positive post for our training but it is so easy to get discouraged. Holiday eating is not helping either, makes me feel ick because I just eat too much of it. Last week, every workout was comparable to a dentist appoint. I even talked myself out of working out twice in the morning. Eventually I did them in the afternoons because I knew I needed to.

Ted says that it is important to keep things fun and try not to make our running feel like work. He has a point. It felt like work last week. I knew I needed to do it and it was hard to find the motivation. In my mind I can't imagine that every time I go out and run that it is suppose to be a good time. I mean, this is six months of training. Oh, and I want to run a marathon. Ted is content with the benefits of what is happening today. He would be thrilled to make it to marathon day and actually run it. Me, I want to run it. I want to run the whole thing. Somedays, that is so completely overwhelming that it knocks the wind out of me.

This Monday, I got on the scale as I do every Monday. Expecting to see a weight gain or breaking even I was pleasantly surprised with a 2.2lb loss. WooHoo!! Not expected, at all. This weight thing drives me nuts. One week I kick butt all over my work outs and gain a lb. The next week, I feel like I have had a root canal and I loose two. I know it is a process of time and metabolism, etc...but really?! So, I am now down 11 lbs. And, that got a little more motivation for this week.

I was able to run outside on Monday because it wasn't raining and it was actually over 40 degrees. Yeah! I pushed myself a little too much and ended up with my knee bugging me all day. So, I iced, compressed and took Tuesday off. Back on the horse on Wed and I felt great. Great workout today too.

My playlist pick this week is for the old school rocker in me and christian music lover (okay, I know I have multiple personality issues) but it is a new song (Aug 2008 release) and new to my playlist and great for picking up my pace on the Dreadmill.

Decemberadio: Gasoline

No comments: