Tuesday

Food, Yummy, Food

About the time the kids bring in the large buckets full of Halloween Candy until the beginning of New Years Resolutions there is a ritual performed with much gladness. Eating. Besides being a little more cautious of our serving sizes I can't say that Ted and I have really been leaving anything out of our diet during our yearly ritual. This really is the only time of year that I find it necessary to do any form of baking.

My girls love licking out the bowl and eating warm chocolate chip cookies, I really shouldn't deprive them the other 10 months of the year from yummy milk dunking goodness.

Now, I took this picture while we were out doing some shopping with Grandma. In a disagreement over menu choice and me giving in to the fact that I may have to finish her meal along with mine. (Or take it home to go bad in a doggie bag). I let Madi order the 1/2 rack of Baby Backs that she so desperately had to have. She ate them all. I didn't even get a bite.
Yes, this is homemade pie. It was really yummy. No one in my family really likes pie. So, I made Cherry instead of pumpkin because that is what I wanted. And when you are the cook you have ultimate control and get to make what you want. So, I did.

1 comment:

Kelly57 said...

Yes - that is the beauty of being the COOK!