Monday

Eat Too Much, Drink Too Much


Dec 8th was the beginning of our Week 11 in training. Ted started with all good news and a 4lb weight loss....seriously....Me on the other hand put on another .4 lbs....my competitive spirit finds it extremely annoying that he is loosing weight so easy and yet I am very proud of him for all of his hard work and the truth is, easy isn't a very good word to describe all of the determination and commitment that he is putting into this.

So, the week was a pretty uneventful one. Most of the running was done on the Dreadmill due to really cold and wet weather. Still, not my favorite way to go running so I have added in alternating the elliptical machine because it isn't as hard on my knee and I find more joy in it. Oh, yeah, my knee has started bugging me a little bit. I don't think it is anything serious but it feels tight. I haven't been spending my usual time doing yoga and stretching and I think it is having an effect on it. I will get back to yoga this week and see if it helps out.

We are having trouble making time for our long runs on the weekends. The commitment is there but we are having trouble finding time. We now need about 2 hours for the run. Madi is currently playing basketball and has a game every Sat until the end of January. To top it off, we need a sitter. Someone to come and play with the girls while we run. So far, we can't find anyone. It is also the holidays and there are lots of to-do's.....I am in need of a little refocus and solution finding.

As you can tell from my tone, I have been feeling discouraged. There are just times when the goal is just far enough away that all of the obstacles become distracting and make it hard to see where we are headed. I know where I want to be and I know hurdles are a part of the process. So, on to a new week.

My song pick for this week is Dave Matthews Band: Too Much (disclaimer: the video is the live version and the language isn't censored.)



No comments: