Tuesday

Weekend Update

Time just keeps moving, doesn't it? Last week was long with Ted out of town on business. We stayed busy with a girl scout meeting, small group and the beginning of basketball season for Madi.
Friday after I picked Madi up from school we decided to go see a movie. The girls and I hit the cheap theatre, $4 for a movie popcorn and soda; only 12 bucks for all three of us. We saw Journey to the Center of the Earth with Brendan Fraser. It was good family fun for the afternoon. A text from Ted let me know he was running two hours late due to flight delays in Atlanta so I decided to join the Farquaads and Dukes for Shrimp Pasta and adult interaction. I was desperate for some conversation with people over 9 yrs of age. It was wonderful company. We played Scattegories and Guesstures. I love board games, brings out my competitive spirit. Before I knew it, I had gotten another text from Ted saying he should be in around 1am. Yeah......

Okay, this is where I official win a bad wife of the week award. I assumed Ted meant that he would be landing in Knox around 1am....so, I called him around then and he says, "I am walking in the door, where are you and the girls?!!" Oh, yeah, I suck. Poor guy has been away from home for an entire week and I was off playing board games with friends when he finally gets home. I immediately pack myself and the girls up and head home in the pouring down rain where no one on the interstate can move faster than 40 because of the rain and fog. No worries, Ted isn't mad at me and most definitely didn't make me sleep on the couch. I just feel a little like a looser....

Saturday was great. We slept in until 10am. Wow, haven't done that in a while. Because of the nasty weather, we did our run on the dreadmill in the gym and did some good muscle exhausting on the weight circuit. We went grocery shopping and I made some amazing homemade chicken noodle soup with perfect biscuits. It was great, the perfect food for a comfy day.

Sunday was another good day. We spent the first part of the day at our church. We then went over to hang with the Wiedemeiers and watch the Green Bay/Chicago game. Ted worked up some great Braughtburgers on the grill, Brandy made her killer dip and chili. Yummy!! Packers kicked some serious tushy and that always makes for a good day. Then we watched the NASCAR championship. Took Madi to basketball practice. She picked her jersey, number 23. The coach says to her "that is an awesome number, that is Michael Jordans number." She stares at him with that, okay whatever, I don't know who that is look on her face. Oh my gosh, she doesn't know who Jordan is. I am a bad mother....


No comments: