Tuesday

Resolution of Happiness

130 days and counting....that is how long we have until the starting line of our 26.2 mile run.

7 days and counting...that is how long we have until the starting line of our very first race. An 8k on Thanksgiving Day. Yesterday, we filled out the registration and paid the entrance fee for our first official run. I am a little freaked. Not so much about running the 5 miles but about getting to the starting line. The worst part of my personality is that I am not a very good starter; I am okay once I get there but the anxiety of getting to the beginning almost requires self-medicating.

Last weeks training was okay. Not my favorite, mostly because Wed through Sat were on all machines and not outdoors. I much prefer the change in scenery, even if it does require the occasional dodging of vehicles that don't expect a woman to be out running at 5:30 in the morning. I still managed to total 22 miles last week. Woo Hoo!!

This week has started out well. I had a great Monday and did 4 miles in 40 minutes. I was booking it. I don't know where the spurt of energy came from. It has been cold, I think I just wanted it to be over as quickly as possible. Today I did another 4 but it took 50 minutes. Seriously, it took me almost 20 to do the first mile, but then I kept good pace. It was 22 degrees when I ran this morning at 4:45am (Ted had to go to work earlier today). Maybe that was the problem, that is too early and too freaking cold.....

So, this Saturday we start running our long runs with the local running club. I am excited and nervous. Hoping there are more beginners than just Ted and I. But they teach us how to refuel and have other clinics and there are about 100 runners that we will be able to learn from.

This weeks song I like for the fact that it is a classic and like most of my other choices has some great guitar that keeps me moving at 5am. While I realize my choices are not the usual hip-hoppy aerobic/cardio expectations of an athletes playlist, I will not apologize for enjoying good music.

INXS: Don't Change


2 comments:

Joel Brueseke said...

Wow... I don't think I've ever seen this particular video. MTV played something different back in the day. The video was filmed in a warehouse or something from what I remember.

Saw these guys live in Madison, Wisconsin in 1983 or 1984, as the opening act for Adam Ant! Wasn't long after that that they became a whole lot more popular.

Grandma Great said...

Good Job!