Friday

Gimme Strength for Round 5


Week 6: It is now the end of week six, I am a little off this week on my posts.

Last week was a wonderful accomplishment. I upped my run/walks to 4 miles and I did a complete 2 mile run, hills and all. I felt great and worked hard and it paid off. When I got on the scale on Monday I was down 4.4 lbs. That puts me just over 10lbs lighter than 6 weeks ago.

It has been a mellow week for me. One that required a little more push. We had a great weekend with very little sleep. It hit me like a ton of bricks when I went for my run on Tuesday. Sleep is still a major issue for me. I keep telling myself how important 8 hours is and still I don't get to bed before 11pm. I have made up for my lazy runs with a little extra cardio and strength training at home. I had a great workout yesterday and today.

Tomorrow we (Ted and I) are going to attempt our first 5 miles (that is a walk/run combo). I'm excited. If we both feel good about it we may sign up to run an 8k on Thanksgiving Day. Now that would certainly take away from the guilt of eating mashed potatoes and turkey while watching football for 4 days straight.......

This weeks song to add to the playlist is a goodie and seems appropriate for election week. Especially since my candidate lost on Tuesday. The video is also a piece of cheezy goodness....

John Mellencamp: Authority Song

1 comment:

Kelly57 said...

I still am just so loving that you two are doing this!!! God will give you the stregth and having each other will empower you all the more. 10 lbs - celebate!!!!! Praying for you and thank you for inspiring me across the miles.