Tuesday

Send You Back To Arkansas

Week 7, yep we are seven weeks into our crazy adventure. 4 months and 17 days until the big race....

Things are good and moving along. Ted and I did our first 5 mile on Saturday and it went really well. We ran over to the high school and did a few of our miles on the track. Wow, running a track is completely different. First, it is flat and that is nice. Second, it is easy to keep track of distance and that is nice. Third, it feels like it never ends and that sucks. Fourth, you aren't going anywhere and that sucks. So, it is an okay way to do a part of our Saturday run but I don't really care for it. I would rather struggle up a hill than go in circles.

For week 6 the total mileage was 21, that includes 4 on the elliptical machine. This week should run about the same but more running than walking. I am hoping to run a consistent 3 miles on Thursday morning. We will see, those hills are going to have my foot prints pound into them by the time this training is over....(hopefully).

My weigh in on Monday was not great, I gained two pounds. It is my own fault, I entered a pie eating contest on Saturday and ate half an apple pie to myself (pictures to come soon). Robin ate the other half and we totally kicked everyone's butt so it was completely worth it ;~D

Alright, this weeks playlist song is just a classic. I like it because my runs are getting longer and it makes me wanna move and keep moving. The video is lame but it was the only one with the same song version I have on my Ipod...

Ray Charles: What'd I Say

2 comments:

Kelly57 said...

AWESOME!! Sounds wonderful even with all the chaos getting there! NOT to RUB it IN, but I have to say we had a little bit of joy during the latest purple & green matchup. :) hee hee

Angela said...

grrr...you had to go there; we are so close to being good, every loss a punch in the stomach....