Wednesday

Expectation

This week we began with a few new steps towards a pretty lofty goal. Ted and I are hoping to run a marathon in March. Now, I realize that March seems very far away. But, it really isn't. Before you know it we will be lining up with a few hundred people to run a race one step at a time.

I hope you don't mind I will be keeping track of our progress on our blog. We are pretty active people but not in great shape. Admittedly we are not getting any younger. We both are overweight and don't currently run. Well, unless we are chasing down Ellie or Madi for some reason.

Luckily we found a nice training program that starts with walking. Taking our lofty goal into bite size pieces. The hardest part is to remember not to get ahead of ourselves. I am so excited that I want to push myself beyond its limits already. One day at a time, I tell myself. I need to honor my body. Not only knowing what I am capable of but understanding that it has limitations that I need to work through. I rested today like the schedule said and feel good. Ready for another good workout tomorrow. So far, no injuries to report. Hopefully we can keep it that way.

So, one day at a time. Our goal: to make it to the starting line.

No comments: