Monday

The Sacred Echo


"He does not want us to wait alone, but rather to wait on him alone."
At the beginning of the summer I finished the book The Sacred Echo by Margaret Feinberg. I went through it, one chapter a week, with a friend. Wow, what a life changing experience.
This is my first and not my last, (I have already started her book Organic God), Margaret Feinberg read. I have to say, I love her. I felt the entire way through the book as though we were sitting enjoying coffee in my living room. Her story is personal and strong and intimate. Things that most books in this particular genre can lack.
The book tackles the subject of hearing from God and how his voice echos around us. I believe the biggest influence this book had on my own personal journey, is that even I can put God in a box. Yes, sometimes I pray and expect Him to answer in one way and I don't see the very real ways He communicates, intentionally, in many different ways and areas of my life. Often times, repeating or echoing the message He has for me.
My favorite chapter is titled bring them to me. In essence, Margaret challenges us to bring our hardest requests, our most difficult questions to God. What would it mean to us if we accepted the invitation to bring our prayers to God, our heartbreaks and pain, and the allowed Him to provide the answers, to be the one who "...makes sense out of a nonsensical world."
I would put this at the top of your to-read list. Enjoy it with a friend and experience the challenges and reflection questions at the end of the book with them. It will change you. It will change your relationship with our Papa.

No comments: