Wednesday

Face of Betrayal by Lis Wiehl

While home on Christmas break, a seventeen-year-old Senate page takes her dog out for a walk and never returns. A reporter, FBI agent and a Federal Prosecutor are working together on the case.

I felt the basic idea for the book was good. But, it was very ordinary. It was difficult to emotionally attach and live out the experience with any one character. The three professional friends were dealing with their own personal demons while working through the case of the missing girl. I felt it would have flowed better if it had chosen one of the women as the main character.

It took until about pg 150 before I felt pulled into the actually story of the young ladies murder. From that point I enjoyed the story and the surprise twist. If you enjoy a good mystery novel that is clean cut with a splash of Christian morality, this is a decent read.

A complimentary review copy of this book was provided by Thomas Nelson Publishers with no expectation of a positive review.

Since I got this book for free, I would like to share it. If you are interested, I will send you my copy. Just post a comment and a way I can contact you. One comment will randomly be chosen next Wed. Feb 17th.

1 comment:

Dayash said...

Hi! I've been looking around for this book like crazy; its really hard to find it in my country. I found the second one of the series and I wanted to read this one first. I would looove it if you could send it to me.
Let me know so I can give you my email. Thanks!